Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Stars for Luck

During my spare time, I will tend to sleep a lot. Well.... Thats a habit that is very hard to cure. So, I developed a way to minimize the problem, which is by keeping myself busy. I learn how to fold paper stars like this when I was 7 by my aunt. Ever since then, I got myself very interested in origami, folding from boxes to turtles. I know its kinda girlish folding stars, but I have to admit, they make great gifts.
I accidentally bought too much star making paper when I made a good luck present for my ex during Valentines Day (I bought 1000++ pieces, but ended up using only about 350 pieces, lolz). Then I decided to make stars in a wine bottle (as above for my roommate and his girl as a good luck present on their successfully relationship, not fully filled yet). I never thought the wine bottle can only fit 500++ stars. In the end, I have left about 300 stars (partially unfolded as seen below). I have decided to give this 300 stars (not yet decided on packaging yet) to a friend I know, whom helped me alot on my problems.
I know there are several different ways of folding stars, whom depends which way the individual feels comfortable making, well, this is my way of folding, as well as a tutorial to those who wants to learn how to fold them.

Folding stars require a lot of patients. However, Its the effort that makes this such a great present.

No comments: