Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sandisk Cruzer Titanium 2gb Review

Last Monday, after my Mircoprocessor test 2, I fled to KL to do some shopping. Firstly I went to Low Yat with my friend Ben, who is also another tech enthusiasts (mobile phones division).

Last week, our old friend Masaru came to IntiUC for a visit. I forgot to snap his photo, due to much stress preparing to finish my semester. Assignments, test, lab reports, exams really took lots of my time and my mood.

He brought out his 4gb Sandisk Cruzer Titanium. I seen it and I am impressed, its design, cause its hardly that you see a metal cased usb flash drive these days (save cost). The metal case is made out of an alloy (a mixed metal substance) named 'liquid metal'. The material itself its chemically designed to be amorphous. Liquidmetal alloys combine a number of desirable material features, including high tensile strength, excellent corrosion resistance, very high coefficient of restitution and excellent anti-wearing characteristics, while also being able to be heat-formed in processes similar to thermoplastics. It is said to be three times stronger than titanium itself.
www.liquidmetal.com
Fascinated by the design, I cant stop myself from buying one. Although its only 2gb, but with the U3 smart capability, its one heck of a usb flash drive.
www.u3.com


The Cruzer Titanium is tough, able to stand 2,000lbs of crush force, which is almost a weight a tonne!

The price is around rm20 more expensive than the normal Cruzer, which has a black plastic casing, and has lower read write speeds.

Overall, after using it for one day, I am very impressed. U3 smart capability is awesome, with interface so simple, and so usefull, so solid you will think, "heck, I just cant bear using this as a readyboost hardware for my laptop"

So in the end, I decided to give it to my father as his birthday present. His birthday is in May, so there will be plenty of time to install all the U3 softwares for him before packing it nicely and hand it over to him.

My father works usually at construction sites, building all kinds of training equipment for firemen, national service rookies and even climbing walls. He wears all rugged equipments, so I think the Cruzer Titanium will mix well.

He also draws building plans, presenting them to clients and such. The U3 smart has a password encryption. Without the proper password, the data stored inside cant be accessed by unauthorized parties. It also has an antivirus installed, for the pesky viruses that linger around the clients computer.

There is more than that. But its best that you discover it yourself. Its amazing features are a bang on your buck.

After buying, we went in to sungei wang for a walk, while Ben was shopping for earrings.
The time was seven something, we head back to IntiUC. We somehow got stuck in the train station for almost one hour, due to some reasons, the usual.

Unbelievably, we got in the third train. The first two trains that finally came after such a long wait was fully crowded.
Ben, tired, cant wait to try his new earrings. Got sick the next two days. hehe.

As for me, I had a well rest and studied tor my Communication Test 2 the next day.

No comments: