Sunday, February 24, 2008

Razer Lachesis Review


After using my bros old razer diamondback for too long, It seems that its time for us to depart with it. Time seems to fly so so fast. Sadly, since the all venomous snake-mice died on us a while ago (on my hands....). I was charged of murder, and so I bought him this.


A mighty looking mouse with a tough attitude! The Razer Lachesis, the bringer of silent death.
Another mouse to trash. Hehehe......


The Specs


The Definition & Comparison


The Opening Ceremony


The box of wonders, amazingly full of stuff. It includes the CD driver, set of instructions, 2 piece razer logo sticker and a congrats note.





The Design. Wow!


Includes a 7 foot non tangle cord with gold plated usb connector



The Razer Glow, I like it! (but my bro wished its in green..... sobz)

Once connected to my pc, I am quite satisfied with the 'feel' and 'look' of it. Playing Crysis with it is super! I could even aim under heavy recoil of the machine gun. I never been able to that with other mouse.

After a while, I noticed the cursor sometimes jumps unexpectedly, even with the drivers installed. After a few searches in the web, found the new beta firmware 1.64, flashed it, and problem solved. After that, only on very rare occurrences that the cursor will jump, keep up the good work razer!



Another problem I might find a bit troublesome is the profiles stored in the 32kb onboard memory. When changing the profiles, the mouse will restart itself, and its quite long (about 10 sec or so). Quite a waste of time. I did not have time to set the automatic profile switcher (will post it up soon).

Problem II is that the paint coat on top of it. It gets very ugly when exposed to sweat. lolz no picture (might be getting later).

Currently, at early test run, only got 2 problems but a lot of benefits. Price wise however its more affordable than logitech. Performance wise it's unnaturally super! And my bro loves it!

No comments: