Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Decisions

ma·tur·i·ty (mə-tyŏŏr'ĭ-tē, -tŏŏr'-, -chŏŏr'-) Pronunciation Key
n. pl. ma·tur·i·ties
    1. The state or quality of being fully grown or developed.
    2. The state or quality of being mature.
    3. The time at which a note or bond is due.
    4. The state of a note or bond being due.
    1. The time at which a note or bond is due.
    2. The state of a note or bond being due.
  1. Geology A stage in the development of streams or landscapes at which maximum development has been reached or at which the process of erosion is going on with maximum vigor. Maturity of a landscape continues throughout the period of maximum topographic differentiation or until about three fourths of the original mass is carried away by erosion.


[Middle English maturite, from Old French, from Latin mātūritās, from mātūrus, mature; see mature.]

Obtained from www.dictionary.com

What is maturity in your mind?
Is it as stated above?
How about mature thinking?
Are you mature in thinking?
These were the questions that basically what an individual who is maturing will ask.
What is maturity in my mind?

Well, in what I have seen in life, working with people in different age groups, it begun to change my idea of 'maturity of the mind'. Maturity does not necessarily mean that the individual, a lady or a gentlemen, will act like one. For example, I seen a 12 year old kid play computer games. I seen a 30-year old guy play too. I herd that old retired people in Japan play playstation to pass their time. Is that immature? In my opinion, this action does not mean a thing. It does not signify that the person is an immature person. For me, the way I see if the person has a mature mind or not, is by the way they handle responsibilities. It's the way they think, the way they make wise decisions and choices that they will hold on to for the rest of their lives.

It's the choices that people made, that makes them who they are
On the outside, an individual might look mature, but it depends on how the individual handles responsibility, that makes them mature
We must respect ones dreams and decisions, because its not easy making them.

This reminds me of my ex-girlfriend, a lady with big ambitions, big dreams. I just can't let it shatter. I don't wan to be in her way at all. Saying harsh words to her is the only way I could set her free. I don't want her to understand what I did. Even though its the hardest thing for me to do. I love her, thinking of her everyday, even now. However, I want her to think I am the most horrible person on earth, so that she can move on with her life. Its a decision that I have made, painful as it is, but I will carry it all till the end. Women must not know men's suffering, now and then.

Sometimes, the best way to care, is to let go.

No comments: